Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bridal Shower

So.  My sister's bridal shower is tomorrow.  That means I am pretty safe in showing off her gift I made. Well one of them.  Her shawl is blocking in my son's room, so I can't show that yet, but I will.  This is a cross stitch project I made.  I chose my own colors.  The pattern came from here.  I didn't use the embellishments because I thought they looked a little cheap.  And I liked it plain better anyway.


I hope she likes it, because this thing was a paiiiiin.  Not the cross stitch.  I had that done so fast.  But the size is just so unusual.  I could NOT find a frame.  I finally found this hideous Ford picture at a store that was the perfect size.  Except it wasn't a frame I could just swap out the inside.  And it was black, which I didn't think would look good.  So I took a chance, and bought it anyway, along with some bronze spray paint.  I had to pry off the paper glued to the back.  Pull out the staples holding in the FOAM picture of the word FORD.  De-glue the frame, and then finally finally spray painted it. Then I traced the glass from the frame onto some cardboard, cut it, and wrapped the fabric around it, weaving it closed in the back with thread.  Lastly I glued paper back onto it to keep it all safe.  So the back isn't pretty, but it looks ok from the front right?  I'm pretty pleased with it.

I also made these:



Crappy pics, I apologize but they are SO GORGEOUS in person.  The beads and crystals are cream and lavender, and they really sparkle.  The earrings don't match the pattern, but I thought they'd be too big if I made them the way I made the pendant.  Which is in need of a chain.  And the earrings need ear wires or something.  But otherwise they are done, and I think the whole set is pretty fabulous!

So now, off to wrap that picture and prep for the morning, gotta be up early!  


No comments:

Post a Comment